THE UKSPA LEADERSHIP DIPLOMA
FOR SCIENCE PARK, INNOVATION & INCUBATOR CENTRE MANAGERS
Designed and Delivered by Ithaka Leadership Development Ltd
Leading to a Coventry University Diploma in Professional Development (80 Cat)
The programme is limited to a maximum of 8 places to ensure a high level of involvement and sharing of best practice.
Delegates will focus on:
- Improving their effectiveness as a business leader
- How to recognise the phases in the life-cycle of businesses
- Knowing what type of support any given phase requires
- How to build effective working relationships with business leaders
Individuals will be required to undertake 4 work based projects geared to improving their own capability and providing benefits to their own business and the businesses within their facility. This is a challenging process but the benefits gained far outweigh traditional training styles. Each project requires research, problem solving, project planning, implementation and review. Time is allocated within the training days to support the planning of these projects and sharing best practice from within the group.
Accreditation: Diploma in Professional Development 80 Cat Points
Duration: 8 Days delivered in 2 day blocks spread over a 7 month period
Provisional Start Date:
Day 1 & 2 - 25th June, 26th June
Day 3 & 4 - 10th Sept, 11th Sept
Day 5 & 6 - 19th Nov, 20th Nov
Day 7 & 8 - To be arranged
Location: Days 1 and 2 will be at Keele University Science Park. Other days to be agreed with delegates.
Price: Members of UKSPA £2,150 + Vat. Non members £2,450 + Vat
Group Size: Max 8
Designed and delivered by Ithaka Leadership Development Ltd
- Understand your own strengths, weaknesses, skills, behaviours and experiences and how they impact on the effectiveness of your leadership
- Entrepreneur leaders need effective "role model" organisations to learn from - is your such a model?
- Building effective working relationships with businesses and with business leaders
- Recognising the key stages of business growth
- Value of financial and cash management in business success
- What interventions / support are needed to ensure successful business growth?
- The role of leadership networks in the growth of business
- Identify "star" business performers and enabling them to excel
- How to recognise the different styles of entrepreneur leaders?
- How do their styles impact on business growth?
- What support can be provided?
- How do we build relationships with them to support growth?
- Taking business leaders on the journey from technical expert to professional business leader
- Sharing of expertise through the implementation of the work based projects
- What can be done differently?
- Building our partnership and network for sharing best practice
- Action planning for change?
- Reflecting, evaluating and learning